bouquet background

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Silver Linings

Our street is even prettier at sunrise.

On the left you can see Bath Iron Works, where Kelson's ship is and where Kelson spends every day.  It is just down the street from our house. 
I love that this park is right across the street from our house!
A couple of days ago, Kelson was gone, and I was woken up a little before 5:00 in the morning by some mysterious noise in our house. It was 5:00 in the morning, I was awake, I was nervous, and I also had a headache. I wasn't in the best mood.  After I had verified that there wasn't, in fact, an intruder in my house, I went downstairs to take some medicine before I went back to bed.  When I got downstairs, I noticed that the clouds behind the trees were pink from the sunrise.  I had a feeling that the sunrise was beautiful over the river, so I decided to take the opportunity to get dressed and go across the street to the park that overlooks the Kennebec River.  After all, I am rarely up at 5:00 in the morning. My mood vastly improved as I watched this beautiful sunrise over the river. It turned out that my early morning was really a blessing rather than an inconvenience.  Too bad Kelson wasn't home to share it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment