Our little man is one and a half! He has left babyhood behind and become a very busy toddler.
At 18 months:
- Chris is FINALLY sleeping through the night more often than not. Daddy puts him to bed most of the time. He loves his fuzzy, closed-armed sleep sack and has become attached to his bear.
- He loves to eat, particularly if it is not his own food. He will leave his food untouched and then eat all of Sarah's. He hates to sit in a high chair and insists on having a plate and utensils like a big boy.
- His favorite foods are pretty much anything that can be dipped in sauce- meat loaf, pancakes, French fries, etc. This boy loves his condiments. Least favorite foods include beans in any form and quesadillas.
- If food is being prepared, Chris must be involved. He attacks my legs with his head like a little rhino until I pick him up or put him on a chair. As he watches me cook, he sticks his little face in mine and goes "mmmm!!" very excitedly, no matter what it is. He is just excited about food.
- He loves to play outside. He would live out there if I let him. He climbs up and down our play structure by himself and loves the slide and the swings (but only the big swing on mom's lap. The baby swing is not acceptable). He also loves digging in dirt and rocks.
Chris loves to crawl in bed with me in the morning, eat his breakfast, and watch a little tv. He has been requesting "choo choos", so we watch Chuggington or Thomas.
The most exciting thing about turning 18 months (for me!) is that Chris can go to nursery at church now! This picture pretty much shows how he feels about it. We are working on developing a love for nursery.
You are growing up too fast, baby boy!