bouquet background

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Honeymoon Part 2: East Coast

 Last Monday morning, we said farewell to my family in Oregon for a little while and spent a very long day flying out to Boston.  We spent the day there on Tuesday following the Freedom Trail and seeing all the sights. It was a fun day.

New England is full of awesome cemeteries.  Exploring them is one of our favorite new hobbies. Blame my mom for instilling in me a love of all things ghostly. I must say that the carving on the headstone is pretty creepy.
I think Kelson might have been trying to scare the ghosts.


Kelson and Paul Revere, who is apparently a Bruins fan.

The Old North Church-One if by land, two if by sea...

On board the USS Constitution, the oldest commissioned floating warship in the world. I'm glad Kelson's ship is a little more modern.  Notice the Mike's Pastry box.  We stopped there and got incredible canoli.  We tried hazelnut and chocolate mousse, both of which were amazing.
View of Boston from the Constitution

2 comments:

  1. I love going to cemeteries too! The Salt Lake Cemetery is a fun one if you're ever back in Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such fun! I like cemeteries too... glad to see I'm not the only one:) you guys should go down to Rochester NY sometime and check out the one there- they have Frederick Douglas and Susan B. Anthony among others. Ps, I'm SO glad you have a blog now!

    ReplyDelete