bouquet background

Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Kelson!

Happy Birthday to the most wonderful husband in the world! As of yesterday, we have been married six weeks, and we are loving every minute of it. I am so grateful for Kelson and for this day that I get to celebrate him. 

I think he looks quite dashing in his uniform!
 Kelson is spending his birthday on duty from 7:30 this morning to 7:30 tomorrow morning, so we did most of our celebrating last night. We had a couple of friends over for chicken enchiladas, jello, and strawberry pie-definitely a meal chosen by Kelson.  
Looks pretty decent, huh? The little berries are wild strawberries from our garden. 
Kelson always has strawberry pie for his birthday.  It was delicious!




Since today is actually Kelson's birthday, I had to do something for him today, so I decided to make him a card and take it to him when I delivered his dinner.  There is a slight possibility that I may have gotten a little bit out of control...
Just looks like a nice, unassuming gift box, right?


Bam! Birthday cake in a box!  This is definitely the coolest "card" I have ever made.  It took me all day, but I had fun.

The idea and the SVG file for this card came from here on Denise Hill's blog, Paper Pastime, which is one of my new favorites.  She has awesome videos and tutorials to help with cricut and SCAL if anyone is interested.

1 comment:

  1. You are so creative Emily! It's fun to see all the adventures you are having.

    ReplyDelete