bouquet background

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Easter With Family

After lots of Easters spent so far from family, we were so excited to be together with them this year. My dad loves dying Easter eggs. His holiday specialties were always Easter eggs and jack-o-lanterns when I was growing up. It is so fun to see him doing those things with his grandkids now.
 We dyed eggs with Grandma and Grandpa and all of the cousins on Saturday night. I think they did about 10 dozen. There were a lot of messy, happy kids that night.
 Sunday morning, the Easter bunny had come with our baskets! Sarah was very excited about her puffy stickers and chocolate bunny.

 We went to church in Union with all of my mom's family. Getting a decent picture of all of us is apparently really difficult.
 Doing a little flying with Grandma and Aunt Katy
 After church, we went to my Uncle Donny's house for the big Baxter family Easter dinner and egg/basket hunt. This was one of my favorite traditions growing up, and I loved sharing it with my little family this year. My favorite moment was after dinner when we were all watching a short film about the resurrection of Christ, and Sarah shouted, "Jesus came back to life! That's why we have Easter!".  Some of our teaching is sticking!
 Sarah loved collecting the Easter eggs.
 I made Sarah a very twirly, poofy, Easter dress this year. When I tried it on her the first time, she twirled for about 5 straight minutes and kept saying, "It's so wonderful!". Sewing for a princess is fun.


Chris got a green bow tie to match Sarah's dress. Of course I forgot to bring it with us on Easter. Oops.

We had a wonderful Easter with our family. The best part was teaching Sarah about why we celebrate Easter and that because our Savior rose from the dead we can be together as a family forever. 

1 comment: