bouquet background

Thursday, January 26, 2012

I Could Really Get Used to Living by the Beach...

I have always loved the beach. My family vacationed on the Oregon coast almost every summer when I was growing up, and it was something we all looked forward to. One of the awesome things about being in the Navy is that you always live near the beach. Here in San Diego, we have gorgeous beaches, and I love that we can just drive over to the beach after work and go for a walk if we want to. It is so cool! One place Kelson has been wanting to take me is the Cabrillo National Monument, and we finally made it.  It is a historical site/national park on the beach that is supposed to have awesome tide pools, which is what we really wanted to see.

We thought we had timed our visit perfectly, but it turned out that we had read the tide table backwards, and the tide was high. Oh well. It was still beautiful.

Can you see us?

I am so grateful to be blessed to live in such a beautiful world.  This was truly glorious.

We climbed up into the old lighthouse.

Can't beat a sunset at the beach!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until we get to come visit! I need sew up a bunch of outfits for Anne's spring wardrobe and we can do photoshoots:)

    ReplyDelete