bouquet background

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Fun Visit from Grammy & Grandpa

One of the fun things about living here in San Diego is that all of our family suddenly wants to come visit us and the lovely climate we live in. Last week, my grandparents came down to southern California to watch the Rose Bowl, and they continued down this direction to spend a couple of days with us. We were excited to have them. We always love guests.  They hadn't been to San Diego in a long time, so I made good use of the day that I had with them to show them around town. The day started off with Kelson taking Grandpa on a tour of the ship. Grandpa and Kelson both had a great time. I hung out with Grammy while we let the two of them do manly things.
 After the tour of the ship, I took Grammy and Grandpa to Old Town for some authentic Mexican food and  a tour of the Mormon Battalion site. It is an awesome museum. Some of Grammy's ancestors were in the Mormon Batallion, and we found them on the list there.  Grandpa may not look too happy about being an honorary member of the battalion, but I promise he was having a great time.

After Old Town, we drove out to Coronado and went for a walk on the beach. (It is still completely bizarre to me that I live in a place where you can sunbathe in January. It was over 80 degrees last week.)  By the time we finished our beach excursion, I had pretty well tired my grandparents out, so we headed home to relax and then went out for dinner. It was a great visit.  Thanks Grammy and Grandpa!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment