bouquet background

Friday, August 31, 2018

Summer Fun at Grandma & Grandpa's

Summer time means lots of fun memories to be made at Grandma & Grandpa's house. 
These two love playing in the rock box. (like a sandbox, but full of pea gravel). They played happily for a long time, then Chris started crying. I discovered that Sarah had filled his hood with about 5 pounds of gravel. Stinker. 
 A little pretend camp fire to model Aunt Amy's newest camping fabric
 Chris is our climber.
 Visiting the cemetery to decorate graves on Memorial Day. My family has lived in this valley since the 1860's, so there are many of my ancestors buried here. Seeing their graves and hearing their stories with my grandparents was one of my favorite family traditions growing up.
My dad's grandmother

 Making sure the flags are just so

 All of the flags looked amazing!
 After the cemetery, we all went up to Sumpter for the flea market. Grandma needs a few more hands.
 Kelson made Dad try sardines. I did not participate in that activity. 
 They have a great park in Baker City. Chris is quite the daredevil. He goes up and down everything all by himself.

 A little playdough salad
 4th of July parade in Haines. I love Sarah's socks and jelly sandals look.
 The horses were Chris's favorite part. And the candy, of course.


 We found out that we would be having another little girl the day before the 4th of July, so it seemed like a great day to make our announcement. Sarah was very happy that she would be getting a new sister. Chris has no idea what is going on, but I think this face shows very well how this mama's boy is going to feel about our new addition. 
 Grandpa is good at corralling little boys.
 We spent most of the 4th of July at Jeremy & Amy's house enjoying yard games and playing in small amount of water left in their creek. 

 Fireworks time!



 Helping Grandpa drive the lift truck at Cashway
 Miner's Jubilee parade with the cousins. More candy!

 Celebrating Grandpa's birthday
 If I were a nice mom, I would get this girl a dog. Jeremy's dog, Daisy, was at Grandma's house while we were staying there for a week while Kelson was gone at scout camp, and Sarah absolutely loved it. Daisy is ridiculously patient. She laid on the floor for an hour while Sarah "bandaged" her with tissues. Then she let Sarah put a bonnet on her. 
 We made my grandma's raisin bread for the family reunion auction. Chris was my baking buddy.
 Sarah loves being with Anne. The two of them spend a lot of time watching baking shows and practicing their baking skills. 
 Kelson made it back from scout camp just in time for my family reunion. We kicked off the weekend in Union with the Catherine Creek Classic half marathon (meaning Kelson ran it and I cheered him on).  Kelson had never run a half marathon, but he did an awesome job and did way better than his goal time.
After the race, we went to Gravy Dave's for breakfast. They weren't kidding about the gravy.

 We built a giant catapult for an egg launch competition at the family reunion. 
 Katy and I, along with our cousin Beth, were in charge of this year's family reunion. My mom has been in charge of about a million of them, so it was time for the next generation to take over. It was a lot of work planning a reunion for close to 100 people, but it went great and we had lots of fun.
 As is tradition, we finished up the family reunion with swimming at Uncle Jerry & Aunt Janice's pool at Medical Springs. I love this place! I am grateful to be part of such an awesome family.
 That Sunday, we went back to Union to go to church with all of my family that was in town. After church, we went to Aunt Diane's for dinner. Sarah was so excited to tell me that she had new cousins to play with. There is nothing this girl loves more than cousins. 
This is about how I felt after finishing the family reunion too. It was a great weekend, but a good one to have accomplished.
 Hot summer days are perfect for putting up the lemonade stand at Grandpa's store.

 Silly Sarah
 These kids are growing up! Will can read books to his cousins now.
 Chris is a big fan of Grandma's new reading nook.

We are so blessed to live close to family.




No comments:

Post a Comment