bouquet background

Friday, June 1, 2018

Spring Memories 2018

In a lot of ways, Spring was fairly uneventful at our house this year. Mommy spent all of her time throwing up (or trying not to), so the Mosier family was pretty much in survival mode. The first half of this pregnancy was really difficult, but lots of help from wonderful friends, family, and neighbors, and many happy moments from these cute kiddos helped us all through. 
 Mommy sewed up samples of Aunt Amy's latest swim fabric, and these two were happy to test out their new suits in the bathtub. It wasn't warm enough to be outside yet. 
Planted some happy little pansies in the front yard. We get so excited when it is time to plant spring flowers!

 Sarah had earned a balloon as a reward, and since Kelson is a super fun dad, he made her a whole balloon wand. This may have led to way to much whacking with balloons.
There is a lot of screaming with these two around, but they can also be super sweet. Sarah had this whole book memorized and read it to Chris. 

Having a little too much fun with Mommy's button stash

 Chris really enjoys being very warm when he is sleeping. I finally made him a sleep sack with arms, and he loves it. It is his snuggle suit. It is pretty funny to watch him walk around in it. As the weather got warmer, we had to wean him off of it. Sad day. 
 Playtime with Daddy when he gets home from work is sacred time. Mommy is not generally allowed. Sarah and Chris love to build with blocks and magnets. 

 Sarah was a great helper to Mommy during the weeks of sickness. There was lots of time spent jumping on beds, dancing, and reading books. 

 This was a very happy moment this Spring. Potty training has been a tough road for Sarah, especially at night. We have tried panties at night quite a few times, but Sarah just wasn't ready. One night, we came home late from Grandma's house and I tucked Sarah into her bed, forgetting to put her pull-ups on. She woke up dry the next morning, and she and I were both so excited! She has been doing great ever since then. We are very proud of her.
 Chris and Sarah love to color, especially with markers. Handing a box of markers to this boy is a very scary activity. That little glint of mischief in his eye tells it all.
My wonderful friend, Patty, brought me a whole box of shade plants from her garden, which finally inspired me to get this project done. I dug out about 20 feet of flower bed and filled it with shade plants, mulch, and pretty flagstones. I think it is going to look really nice next year when the plants mature a little more.

After spending several weeks throwing up so much that I had lost 15 pounds and ended up in the ER for dehydration, I finally went to my parents' house for close to two weeks so I could get some help with the kids. One of those days was my 30th birthday. Not the most exciting birthday I have celebrated. Mom and I were both sick, so we sent Dad out for hamburgers for dinner. Jeremy and Amy made it a special day for me by making a birthday cake and bringing it over to celebrate. Thanks!


 While I was gone, Kelson built me pull-out shelves for all of the bottom cabinets in the kitchen, which I have been begging for since we moved in. Great present!
 This is a hat, right? Apparently (unused) emesis bags are very amusing.
 It helped life at our house a lot when the spring weather warmed up enough for the kids to enjoy playing outside. Sarah was very proud of her Mike Wazowski.
 Kelson helped her draw Sully. I'm pretty sure he actually drew the devil. The 4 year old's drawing was better.
Sarah loves watching for new flowers to bloom in our yard. She was very excited about these clematis blossoms.

 Happy Mother's Day! I am so blessed to be mom for these two crazy kids. I spent Mother's Day fighting nausea and ended up with a sandwich for dinner. I told Kelson that I deserved a re-do in the form of a delicious dinner of my choice as soon as I could eat again.
 Last summer, Chris loved the baby swing. This year, he refused to go anywhere near it. Then he discovered that he could sit in the big swings by himself. Now he loves to swing. 
Chris loves shoes. Sarah forgot to put her shoes on before she came out, so Chris ran in to get them and then tried to put them on for her. So cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment