bouquet background

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Crossing the Country Day 6: Home at Last!

      Day 6 started with the best hotel breakfast of the whole trip and a monumental wind storm. The wind blew like crazy all night with speeds up to 70-80 miles per hour, and Ogden was a mess by that morning. Our car was rocking back and forth as we were driving down the road. It was a little scary.
      We escaped the wind and stopped in Jerome for church. The chapel was full, so we sat in the hall next to a man who had fallen asleep in his chair and was snoring louder than I have ever heard in my life. It was interesting.
 By the time we got to Boise, Sarah needed to get out and wiggle some more, so we made a quick stop and let her chase the birds around the rest stop. As soon as we left, Sarah fell asleep, and we had a peaceful 2 hour drive to finish our journey. 
Grandma's house at last! My mom had my birthday dinner waiting for me, complete with lasagna and chocolate cake. It took Sarah a few minutes to warm up to everyone, but by the end of the evening she was snuggling with her grandpa on the swing and playing in the playhouse with her cousins. As I watched Sarah spending time with her family and knowing that we wouldn't have to leave in a week or two, I was filled with so much gratitude for this opportunity we have been given. I was afraid that my children would never have the chance to be close to their extended family, and suddenly here we are. We are feeling very blessed right now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment