bouquet background

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Sarah's Nursery

I realized recently that I never shared pictures of Sarah's nursery. I had so much fun decorating it, and I love how it turned out. We moved into our house less than 2 months before Sarah was born, and I was in full-on nesting mode. The nursery had to be completed so the baby could come (at least, that is what my pregnant brain was sure of). I sewed, painted, and thrift shopped till I had it just right. Our theme was vintage nursery rhymes.
 I bought the crib used, and it was in perfect shape except that the rails were all chewed up.  Rather than re-paint the whole crib, I just painted the rails yellow. I like the colorful accent. The pictures over the crib are vintage nursery rhyme illustrations.
Possibly my favorite find for the nursery was this antique Hey-Diddle-Diddle mobile that I picked up for a dollar at a thrift store. It is perfect! I was sad when Sarah learned to stand and I had to take it off the crib.

 I painted and stenciled a dresser and made some colorful bins to go in my awesome Craigslist hutch. Cute fabric is scarce here in Hawaii, so I had to get creative. The crib skirt and the pink bins were made from an old dress my mom picked up at a thrift store.

 A nifty vintage clock from my mom, an antique baby book from Kelson's mom, an adorable book of nursery rhymes, and Sarah's tiny hand and footprints.

We found these posters of Mother Goose illustrations at a yard sale for a nickel each. Score!


Sarah likes her bedroom too. Decorating it was so much fun!

1 comment: