bouquet background

Monday, May 12, 2014

Easter 2014

We had fun getting ready for Easter this year. We bought an egg dying kit 2 years ago, and for various reasons didn't have a chance to dye eggs the last 2 Easters. We were excited to finally use it this year.  Our eggs were sparkly and marbled. 


 Since we have church from 3:00-6:00 PM right now, Easter dinner had to be moved to lunch time. We had some great friends over to celebrate with us, and we had chicken cordon bleu.  It was delicious!
 We followed up dinner with some almond joy brownies.  Yum!

  I was so excited to make Sarah her first Easter dress.  Sewing for her is so fun! I think it turned out really cute. Of course it helps to have an adorable model. We waited until just as we were about to walk out the door to get her dressed, and she actually kept her nice, white dress clean for church. Easter miracles!
We had a beautiful Easter service at church. I got to sing and play my flute with the choir. Music is a wonderful way to bring the Spirit, especially on holidays.
 After we got home from church, got the baby to bed, and ate leftovers for dinner, we finally had time to hunt for our Easter baskets. Kelson was pretty excited about the water gun the Easter bunny brought him.  
 My basket had an absurd amount of dark chocolate in it along with a new egg dying kit (which hopefully won't hang around our house quite so long this time), and some surprises for Sarah. She really loves her chick and her maraca. She didn't get to enjoy them until the next day because it was after her bedtime when we hunted Easter baskets.
I am so grateful to be able to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord with my eternal family. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and that he died and then rose again on the third day because he loves me.  Because he lives, we will live again as well, and I can be with the ones I love most forever. Happy Easter!


1 comment:

  1. i love all of this except the chicken cordon bleu part...it's no chili! :)

    ReplyDelete