bouquet background

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Iolani Palace & My First Vietnamese Food

The last Saturday in September was National Free Museum Day, so we took advantage of the chance to go on a tour of Iolani Palace in downtown Honolulu.


The palace was the home of the last of Hawaii's royalty in the late 1800's. It has been beautifully restored inside. We learned a lot about Hawaii's history that I didn't know before.
 Throne room
 Baby bump getting bigger every day!
There are all kinds of amazing trees here in Hawaii. Kelson couldn't resist a little vine swinging in the parking lot behind the palace.
 After our tour, we drove down to Waikiki for the first time. The traffic was insane, so I doubt we will be doing that very often. We didn't have time to actually go to the beach, but we stopped for lunch. I have never tried Vietnamese food before, so we thought we would be adventurous. I had a noodle salad called bun. It was delicious! We love trying new things.

2 comments:

  1. Em! I just think you are the most adorable pregnant lady ever!! And I love your blog and you!! Also.. now that you are in Hawaii I think I need to visit. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're having a great time! Can't wait to see some photos of the house :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete