bouquet background

Monday, September 16, 2013

One More Visit with Family Before our Move

Since we needed a place to leave my car, we had the perfect opportunity to spend a few days with my family before taking off for Hawaii. We had a wonderful week. Again, most of my pictures got deleted, but I have a few.
 Jeremy & his family came over on our first night there for my baby shower. It was a great chance to take family photos. Don't we have a beautiful family?
 My brother, sister, and I
 After photos and dinner, we kicked the boys out to go bowling while us ladies had an awesome party. Mom and Katy did so much amazing work! The theme was pink, and all of the pink treats were delicious. So many people came out to support me. I felt so loved!
 My niece, Anne, was excited to get to stay for the party with the big girls. She was a big helper, so she got to take home a princess cup of her own.
 Dad & Grandpa had a great time taking Kelson on adventures around the valley. Grandpa gave us a great tour of the museum, where he has been doing all kinds of work, and Dad took Kelson on a 10-mile hike in the mountains. I went shopping with Mom & Katy. It was a great day for all involved. Another night, we went to Union and my aunts threw me another beautiful baby shower. I received some very special gifts there, including a number of outfits from when I was a baby accompanied by pictures of me. My mom also made me gifts that she said my two grandmothers would have made if they were alive to be there for me.
 For my Grandma Baxter, Mom made the baby this beautiful crocheted dress.
From Grammy, mom recreated the quilt that Grammy made for me as a baby. Mine was lost when I was little, but Mom & Katy recreated it from Katy's baby quilt. They worked so hard, and I love it!
 Our last day there, Jeremy & his family came over from Fruitland again, and we all went to the Oregon trail interpretive center. They had a live team of oxen there, and we were all amazed by just how huge they were. They made me a little nervous.
We had so much fun spending time with the family. It may be a little while until we are home again, so I am glad we had a chance to spend so much time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment