bouquet background

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Springtime Happenings

I have managed to escape my couch on occasion during the last four months. Here's a little of what we have been up to.
 I gave Kelson & my dad a kayaking trip in La Jolla for Christmas. Unfortunately, we couldn't do it while Dad was here, so Kelson took his friend, Micky. I would have gone, but I was not feeling so good. I stayed back on the beautiful La Jolla beach while they paddled around. We all had fun.
 The day we found out we were expecting again, we celebrated with a trip to the San Diego Zoo, a first for me. It was a beautiful day, and we saw tons of animals.

Leopard

I'm not sure exactly what Kelson was pondering while looking at the giant tortoises.

Look at me! I'm a monkey!

This was really interesting. They raise the cheetahs with puppies, and it makes them more well-behaved for doing school shows and such things. If the dog behaves well, then so does the cheetah. This lady was feeding the cheetah from her hand like a puppy.

Elephants!

 Kelson made me a delicious, personalized cranberry-apple pie. Yum!
 A few months ago, I started serving as the Beehives (12-13 year old girls) leader in our ward. We have been having all kinds of fun. This was the night we made strawberry shortcake.
 I spent a few weeks at home in Oregon while Kelson was up in Canada, and I celebrated my 25th birthday while I was there. You can't beat birthday lunch at El Erradero.  I have apparently gotten old enough that it takes three people to light all of my birthday candles. My family thought that was pretty entertaining.
 While Kelson was gone, we finally found out where we are moving this fall. Hawaii! We will be heading there in September. The night we found out, Katy and I celebrated with Hawaiian pizza.
 I made two trips to Utah while I was home, one for my brother's law school graduation (Congratulations Jeremy!), and another for my cousin, Anne's, wedding. I got to spend lots of quality time with my adorable niece and nephew. They sure love playing at the park with Grandma!



Here's a preview shot of Kelson's trip to Canada. Real post to follow. This is what sunrise looks like from Kelson's ship. Beautiful!







\


No comments:

Post a Comment