bouquet background

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Goodbye for now, Grammy

Yesterday, I said goodbye to one of the most beloved women in my life. My Grammy, Joyce Hindman, passed away last Friday from after suffering from several strokes. Grammy's body was worn out, and it was time for her to go home. It was a great blessing that I already had a trip home planned, so it was easy for me to be here for Grammy's funeral. Seeing all of our family and friends gathered to remember and honor her was wonderful. I was blessed with the opportunity to play a piano solo of "God Be With You Til We Meet Again" at the service. In all of the years that I took piano lessons, Grammy was at almost every performance. She was always there for me. I was very grateful to be able to play for her one last time as I said goodbye for now. I know that I will be with my grandmother again. Because of Heavenly Father's plan of happiness, I know that families can be together for eternity. The next time I see Grammy, all of the pain and suffering she went through will be gone. She will be herself again. I know that she is happy and that she is watching over her family from the other side. I love you, Grammy, and I look forward to being with you again.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss; but I am glad you were able to celebrate her life with your family. I'm sure she was looking down on you from Heaven enjoying your piano performance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh emily, i'm so sorry. i haven't been able to stop thinking about your family since i heard that she passed away. i'm glad that the gospel is real and that you all will see her again. i hope you are doing okay. i'm definitely keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete