bouquet background

Monday, February 25, 2013

Off to Separate Corners of the Country

Kelson recently had to go to Rhode Island for three weeks for some schooling, so my mom convinced me to fly up to Oregon while he was gone. I just started doing all of the online marketing for my parents' business, so it was a great chance to get a lot of work done. We were all very busy working during the vacation, but it was great fun.

 My mom is opening a custom furniture & home decor shop as part of their business, and I helped her work on some pieces to sell. Our favorite was this reimagined end table turned children's play table that we built little benches for.  Isn't it cute?!
 My parents already had a vacation planned to San Diego, so rather than flying back home, I drove with them. We had a great road trip through California. We spent the first day driving through southern Oregon, which was freezing, and spent he night in Redding. On day two, we drove through the bay area and stopped off at the Jelly Belly factory.  Awesome!


 We spent that night in Monterey. There is a possibility that we may live here while Kelson goes to grad school in a couple of years, and visiting definitely made me excited about the prospect. It was a beautiful little town.
 On day three, we headed for San Diego. Along the way, we stopped off at Solveng, a Danish town north of LA. I have lots of Danish ancestors, so visiting this place was really fun. We had some authentic Danish food for lunch, and it was delicious.
 We made the fatal mistake of driving through LA rather than around it, resulting in hours stuck in traffic. Never again! That was awful. Luckily Kelson was a good sport about having to wait at the airport for two hours until we could make it to San Diego.
 We spent the long weekend playing around San Diego with my parents. On Saturday, we went to the Birch aquarium in La Jolla. The most exciting moment was when a guy proposed to his girlfriend during the fish-feeding show.  That was fun.

 Beautiful view overlooking La Jolla cove from the aquarium.  I love my dad!
 On Monday, we went to our favorite beach on Coronado and then got some delicious homemade ice cream in Imperial Beach.  My parents also got a personal tour of Kelson's ship.

We are so grateful to my parents for everything they do for us. We love you Mom & Dad!

1 comment:

  1. looks like you guys had a fun time! Make sure you call next time you're in Monterey so Kyle and I can take you out to dinner! :-)

    ReplyDelete