bouquet background

Thursday, March 8, 2012

I'm a Real Nurse!

One of my happiest moments last year was when I finally passed my licensing exam and earned the right to sign RN behind my name. However, due to the number of times we have moved and the busy weeks settling into our new home, followed by a trip to Oregon for Christmas, my debut into the working world has been delayed for quite some time.  I must admit that the months since I graduated have been a nice break.  I have had more time for hobbies than I ever have in my life. (Speaking of, I keep promising some pictures of some of my awesome projects.  I promise I am going to get on that.) However, I was starting to get a little stir-crazy cooped up in our apartment all day, especially when Kelson was gone. Gratefully, I found a job that I am excited about, and I started work almost three weeks ago. When I got to work on my first day as an RN, they pinned a "Charge Nurse" badge on me, and I was scared to death. I am going to be in training for the next couple of months, and I am slowly but surely learning how to do my new job. It is an exciting new chapter in my life.  It still gives me a little thrill whenever I sign my name and add the RN at the end!

This was my first day of work as a real nurse. It makes me so excited to be able to wear cute scrubs! You really can't beat getting to go to work in what are basically pajamas every day!

4 comments:

  1. After a year and a half, it's still not old. The best is coming home and changing directly into...pajamas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also remember signing RN behind my name on everything. It is an amazing accomplishment! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete