bouquet background

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Kate: 1 Month


Our little princess is 1 month old! Here is a little bit about Kate at 1 month:
  • About 6 1/2 pounds and 18 1/2 inches long. Growing super fast! 
  • Getting better at nursing, and we have been able to wean half of her bottles, so she nurses half the time and gets breastmilk fortified with formula 4 times each day.
  • Wakes up 2-3 times per night and spends most of her day napping
  • Loves to snuggle, especially in the evening after her siblings go to bed
Here are some of our favorite memories of Kate's first month:
The day after we brought Kate home, I was thinking I needed to go shopping for some preemie clothes. That day, several gifts showed up from friends with some adorable clothes for our tiny little one. Thank you!

 Kate's favorite place to spend the evening is snoozing on Mommy's chest in between cluster feeds. Mommy loves the snuggles too.
 So much tiny cuteness!
 Sarah always needs some Kate time before bed. She loves snuggling her sister.
 Kate enjoyed her first Thanksgiving
 The Saturday after Thanksgiving, Kate made her first trip to Grandma's house. Everyone there was loving the Kate snuggles.
 Kate got to meet Diane Lemaster, one of the wonderful women who gave me my middle name, which I passed down to Kate.
 Kate can already sense that Grandma's house is the best place to be.

 I know she is going to grow up so quickly. I'm trying to soak up her tininess while I can.

 Kate often hangs out with Sarah and I during bed time. Sarah was very proud of herself for putting Kate to sleep.
Daddy time
 Kate stayed home from church, but she got dressed up for a photo shoot when the others got home. She is about 2 1/2 weeks old in this photo.
 Kisses?
 I just love my three littles!
 My Aunt Kerri made Kate this amazing quilt! It will match her mermaid-themed nursery.


 Newborn photos at 3 weeks


 Tiny fingers!

 This blanket was from Aunt Amy. So cute!


 Matching dresses for Kate's first trip to Sacrament meeting

One evening, Chris threw up all over me, so I handed Kate to Sarah while I cleaned up. Kate cuddled right in and slept there for half an hour. She has the best big sister!


 Getting bigger! Look at those chins!
Kate is going to have to be tough to survive her siblings. She is their latest medical patient.

It has been a wonderful month, and we just love our Kate.


No comments:

Post a Comment