bouquet background

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Lieutenant Mosier goes to Pensacola

So, I'm active-duty Navy again. This sure surprised a lot of my friends and family, as well as myself. My new job: Naval Officer Recruiter for the Boise region, and head of the Boise Navy Recruiting division (Boise, Meridian, Nampa, and Twin Falls offices). After spending the first few weeks getting oriented and not doing much in the way of recruiting due to lack of access to the required web-based tools and programs, my first assignment was three weeks in Pensacola, Florida, to attend the Navy's officer recruiting course.
I tried to get Emily and the kids to come along, but she said something about kids, calendar commitments, way too much travel, etc. Well, someone had to be responsible, so I took it upon myself to go to Pensacola alone.
It suddenly dawned on me several years ago that I was afraid of flying. I still do it, which is a good thing.

When I arrived at Naval Air Station Pensacola, I found a promising spot to enjoy my Panda Express dinner.

Pensacola is in the extreme western corner of the Florida Panhandle, 25 minutes from Alabama. It is bounded by several barrier islands and "keys." It's a great spot for a vacation naval station.



No comments:

Post a Comment