bouquet background

Friday, September 1, 2017

The other flowers in our yard

To top off the chronicling of our 2017 flower garden, here are a few more random flowers from the yard.
Our pink lady apple tree blooming and being visited by a honey bee. Such a happy spring moment!

I bought this old toolbox, painted it lime green, and filled it with petunias, zinnias, marigolds, salvia, and vinca. It turned out so happy! Unfortunately, I took it to my parents' house over the 4th of July and it got decimated by earwigs. It never quite recovered.

I think these are called apple blossom petunias, and they are some of my favorites. 
We planted nasturtium seeds all along the border of our garden, but they did not grow well. I think we finally got 2 or 3 flowers. 

On the back side of the garden, we planted giant sunflowers. The tallest ones were at least 8 feet. It made me so happy to look out my window at them. It was also hilarious to watch the birds trying to figure out how to perch on the flowers and eat the seeds. We harvested the flower heads after they faded and dried the seeds. 
One of the best things about having so many beautiful flowers in our yard this summer was having plenty to cut and put on my kitchen table. This little bouquet was from the front yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment