bouquet background

Thursday, June 1, 2017

May 2017

Our May adventures started with Mother's Day. I didn't get my dress done in time for easter, so Sarah and I got to have matching Mother's Day dresses. We were cute.


I just love these little kiddos! 
I had a wonderful Mother's Day.  I even got to take a nap, which was awesome. My parents had to go to Boise that day, so they stopped for church with us on the way there and then came to dinner on their way back. I loved spending Mother's Day with my mom. She is the best. 
Other fun moments in May...
Sarah turns many things into flutes - crochet hooks, straws, sticks. She is quite the flute player.
Chris got to promote some new fabric for Aunt Amy. He makes a pretty cute model.


As Summer started getting closer, we snacked on popsicles. Chris was a big fan of his first one.

Mom, Anne, the kids, and I went to a little shop in Nyssa that was selling antiques and flowers. We all came home with some fun things.
For my birthday, I asked for a set of watercolor supplies. It is something I have been wanting to try. I have followed a few Youtube tutorials and painted a few things so far. I'm not a master artist by any means, but I am having fun. I find painting very relaxing.


Chris made a major childhood discovery: the excitement of the water coming from the tub spout. He has just barely started sitting up in the bath. Now he scoots himself up to the water and sticks his head under it. He loves water.
Working on pulling himself to standing. Don't grow up so fast!
It was a little cool outside, and he needed some Grandma snuggles.
Sarah wants Chris to stay little too. She wants to hold him like an infant and give him his pacifier. He hasn't actually used a pacifier in months, but he thinks they are fun to chew on.
I caught the little stinker almost standing this time.
I bought Kelson a Twinkie pan a while ago. One night, he got inspired to make raspberry Jiffy muffins and stuff them with cream cheese filling. Very superior to Twinkies.  

We spent Memorial Day weekend at my parents' house. They were doing some work on their rental houses and needed help, so we went over for a few days. Sarah and Annie had a tea party lunch in the playhouse, complete with Nutella bagels, strawberry roses, and a teapot full of chocolate milk. Grandma's house is the best.
Sarah is obsessed with this purple fairy costume. She changes into it as soon as we get to Grandma's house every time. I really don't know why I bother bringing her clothes. 
Fairies also know how to get dirty. Grandpa dropped off a huge pile of dirt to fill in a hole at the rental house, and the kids had a great time playing in it. We finally managed to peel this dress off of her long enough to wash it after this adventure.

We spent the weekend cleaning and painting at the rental house with my parents and sister. We spent a lot of time overhauling rental houses as I was growing up. Work is something that has always brought us together as a family. I really loved the time that we spent together over this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment