bouquet background

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Chris's Blessing Day

We originally planned Chris's blessing for the last Sunday of October, but we had to cancel at the last minute because Kelson woke up sick. We rescheduled it for the Sunday after Thanksgiving, which turned out to be a good thing. We were able to have all of our family there. We blessed him in my parents' ward in Baker City, the same ward that I was blessed in. My parents, my brother and his family, my sister, and all of my mom's brothers and sister were able to come. Chris was blessed by his father with his grandpa, his Uncle Jeremy, and his great uncles Donny, Jerry, and Kendall in the circle. It was a very special day.
 Chris was blessed in the same gown and cap that I was. It belonged to my grandpa Baxter, who was born in 1906, making this a very old gown. When Sarah wore it, she had a diaper blow-out on it. Chris scratched his face and bled on it. My children are determined to ruin this heirloom. Luckily both stains came out. They must not make fabric like they used to.


We were so glad Aunt Katy got to be there for his special day!


 The advantage of blessing your baby when he is 2 months old is that you get smiles in the photos.

 Our happy family
 This little boy was blessed to come into such a wonderful family!

While we were all dressed up nice, we even managed to get our Christmas card picture for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment