bouquet background

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Our First Few Weeks With Chris

The last few weeks have been an adventure adjusting to being a family of 4. We just love our new little addition!
 I just love watching Kelson with our babies!
 Chris's first bath at home. He does not like bath time. Or diaper changes. Or changing his clothes. Mostly, being naked is very bad. Sorry if you heard him screaming 3000 miles away from here. He has some serious lung power.
3 days old, snoozing on Daddy
 Sarah spent about 5 days at my parents' house after Chris was born. It was very helpful to be able to focus on recovering for a few days. Chris and I rode over to Baker City with Kelson to pick Sarah up, and Chris got to have his first trip to Grandma's house and meet his cousins. 
 Sarah had to test out the baby's rocker, swing, and changing table as soon as we got home. She is a great big sister and loves helping with the baby. Sometimes she wants to be a baby too, though. 
 Aunt Katy was in Baker later in the week, so we took Chris over to meet her. My kids are so lucky to have such good aunts and uncles!
I just had to capture this moment during our day at Grandma's house - Sarah and both of her boy cousins playing nicely and sharing together with no one screaming! This does not happen often.
 This was on one of my first morning's home with both kids, about a week and a half after Chris was born. Big sister was busy playing, so I got to play with my sleepy baby doll and take some newborn photos. 






 My Aunt Kerri made this amazing quilt for Chris. It is perfect for his nautical nursery!
 Chris was relaxing on Sarah's pillow while she and I read books and he fell right to sleep. Apparently Big Sister's bed is more comfy than his.
 Everyone was grumpy one sunny morning, so we headed outside. Both kids were instantly happy. This was Chris's first time relaxing outside.
 Sarah has had lots of extra play time with Dad while I've been recovering. Dressing up Daddy is always a fun pastime. 
Sarah's first time holding baby brother. She is a great big sister. She loves getting him his pacifier, tucking him in with blankets, and telling him not to cry because everything is okay. She tells everyone that he is "baby brother Chris". I love these two munchkins so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment