bouquet background

Thursday, June 30, 2016

June Fun

June was a fun month for our family. After several weeks of house hunting and negotiating offers, we finally chose a home in Fruitland, Idaho. The house we purchased was not complete yet, so we spent most of June still living with my parents and enjoying our time there.
 We had a wonderful Father's Day celebrating with both Kelson and my Dad. Sarah is so blessed to have such an awesome father. He loves being a daddy, and I love watching him with Sarah.
 Since we moved, Sarah has become thoroughly obsessed with Finding Nemo. We watch it pretty much every day at Grandma's house. It was very exciting to go see the new Finding Dory movie. I even made Sarah a Nemo dress to wear to the showing. We decided at the last minute to go to an earlier movie, so I had to pin her into the unfinished dress, but she was still pretty adorable. I think this face is saying "You really want me to look away from the screen for a picture right now?"

 We finally closed on our house and moved in on June 20th. For our first couple of weeks in the house, Sarah had major sleep issues. She was waking up all the time in the middle of the night and then getting up way too early in the morning. It was exhausting for all of us. This was one day after a fun afternoon at the pool when she crashed on my bed. 
 Kelson had to spend a day in Boise for some meetings, so Sarah and I went along and had a mother-daughter date at the zoo. The zoo is pretty small, which was just right for Sarah. She loved feeding the goats and seeing all of the butterflies.

 This Komodo dragon was hanging out right next to the glass, and it took me at least 10 minutes to pull Sarah away from him. 
We ended our day with a ride on the carousel. Sarah was talking about this for weeks afterward. I was glad she enjoyed it, because the last time I tried to take her on a carousel she was completely terrified.

So many fun summer memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment