bouquet background

Friday, March 27, 2015

Daddy & Sarah

Sarah has been a major daddy's girl lately, and Kelson has had some major daddy wins. He is pretty proud of himself.  One of the major challenges we have had with Sarah is her sleeping.  Ever since she was born, she has needed to nurse to sleep at night and at nap time, which means that I was the only one who could put her to bed.
 Three times in a row that I left Sarah with Daddy, I came back to find her (and usually him) sound asleep. Putting the baby to sleep is just about the best way to make Mommy happy!

 Complete with cape :)
Like I said, bedtime has always been my job. One night, I had to be out late at a church meeting, and I was shocked when Kelson said he had put her to bed and she didn't even cry for more than a few seconds. Ever since, I leave the room at bed time, and Daddy puts her to bed. They read Cinderella, sing songs, and snuggle, and then she goes to sleep without a fuss. 

 Aren't they sweet? This shot is one I took while I was spying with the video monitor. I will admit that it makes me a little sad not to be the one to put her in bed any more. My baby is growing up. I am definitely a fan of her sleeping better, though. 
 Daddy-daughter princess paper dolls
 Helping Daddy with the dishes
Just a little snuggling after a trip to the beach
 Swimming at Magic Island near Waikiki
"Helping" Daddy ice his foot

I am so grateful that Sarah loves her daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment