bouquet background

Friday, December 13, 2013

Sarah's Blessing Day

I am so grateful to be married to a wonderful man who is worthy to bless our little girl using the power of the Priesthood. Watching him bless her and give her a name was one of my happiest mommy moments yet. He blessed her that she would be a peacemaker and told her that her ancestors before her and her descendants coming after her were excited for her life. I know that I am excited to see who she will become. I wish we lived close enough for more of our family to have been there for her blessing, but we did get to have my mom here, which was a great blessing.

Sarah was blessed in the same gown I was blessed in, which was originally worn by my grandfather as a baby. It is over 100 years old. She looked beautiful.

The name we gave our little girl in her blessing was Sarah Helen.  Sarah was my maternal grandmother's name. Grandma was one of the most amazing women I have ever known. She told me so many stories of her mother, Helen, that I felt I knew her even though she died 70 years before I was born. We gave Sarah the names of these two Christlike women so that she would be reminded of the legacy they left for her and strive to be like them.

We had waited for Sarah's blessing day, when we knew we would all be dressed up anyway, to take some nice family pictures with the baby. Unfortunately, it poured down rain the entire weekend, and I was disappointed we wouldn't be able to get any good photos outside. My tender mercy for the day was that it stopped raining just long enough for us to run down to the edge of Ford Island and get some good pictures.

 Daddy loves her :)

 3 generations

We got a wonderful Christmas present this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment