bouquet background

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween! Of course, it isn't quite as exciting as when you we used to go trick or treating and get absurd amounts of candy. I can't wait to have kids to celebrate this fun holiday with.  Our chance to dress up this year was for our church Halloween party. I'm pretty sure I was a princess almost every year as a kid, so I decided it was time to get back to my roots.  This was the first time that Kelson and I have been able to dress up together for Halloween, and we had fun with our fairytale.


 The princess & the pea!  Get it? Only 2 people at the party got it without us having to explain. Even then, I was amazed at how many people have never heard this fairytale. I think Kelson liked it because he didn't really have to do anything.

Kelson's favorite Halloween activity was carving our pumpkin, which he did while I turned myself into a princess. He carved a skeleton, and I thought it was pretty spooky.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture before it got a little wrinkly.  Now it looks a little bit like a grandpa skeleton.


 There are way too many fun ideas for Halloween crafts out there. I had a blast decorating my entryway, and I think it turned out great! I picked up the chair for free on craigslist. It is in line to be refinished, but it looked so much like it belonged in a haunted house that I left it "as is" for the Halloween season.
 Cute, little, paper pumpkins. They are going to stick around for my Thanksgiving entryway.
 Fun Halloween banner!

No comments:

Post a Comment